Explore the magic of Montreal with the Montreal International Language Centre!
Take your new language from the classroom to real life with the Montreal International Language Centre. Each week, MILC organizes special activities for students to discover Montreal’s many cultural attractions, festivals and historic sites.
Our special activities are a great way to socialize with students from around the world and to practice speaking your English or French while having fun! You’ll be guided on your urban adventure by our activities co-ordinator and/or your teacher. So sign up… and start talking!
Snowball fight! Here’s some of the winter fun Montreal has to offer:
- The Montreal Highlights Festival: outdoor concerts, snow sculptures and activities warm up winter with light, fire and pyrotechnics.
- Nuit Blanche à Montréal: an unforgettable night of performing arts, parties and more… all night long. You can sleep later!
- Ice skating on Beaver Lake and the Old Port: Rent skates, glide around the well-maintained rinks… and drink hot chocolate to warm up!
- Space for Life: learn about the universe at the new Planetarium; see what grows in the snow at the Montreal Botanical Garden; celebrate Spring at “Butterflies are Free” at the Insectarium… all in the shadow of the iconic Olympic Stadium.
- The Cosmodome: to infinity… and beyond!
- Saint-Joseph Oratory: some say miracles happen at this historic landmark on Mont Royal
- Museums galore: feast your eyes at the Canadian Centre for Architecture, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, the Pointe-à-Callière archaeology museum, the McCord Museum of Canadian History… and so much more.
- Movies and IMAX: take in a film—in English or French—at Montreal’s many movie theatres… in 2D or 3D!
- Rock on: Discover Montreal's renowned music scene, full of amazing local talent!
- A moveable feast: Taste authentic foods from Afghanistan to Vietnam—and everywhere in between—at Montreal’s ethnically diverse restaurants.
- Habs fever: Find out why Montreal is obsessed with hockey. Get a Habs jersey, join the fun at the Bell Centre and learn an important new word: Olé, olé, olé!
No doubt about it… Montreal is a hot spot for summer fun, food and festivals. Here’s a taste of the things you can do:
- Griffintown: take a walking tour of this historic neighbourhood… and maybe even encounter the Griffintown ghost!
- PikNic Electronik Festival: Dance outdoors every Sunday to the beat of internationally renowned DJs!
- Montreal Botanical Garden: stop and smell the flowers in the summer; marvel at magic of the Lantern Festival in the fall.
- Montreal International Jazz Festival: dance like no one’s watching at the many free outdoor concerts at this world-renowned jazz festival.
- The Francofolies: party it up en français with the best in francophone music from around the world.
- La Ronde: Hang on to your friends, scream and scare yourself silly on the many rollercoaster rides!
- The Old Port: Stroll the quaint cobblestone streets, dine on one of Montreal’s fabled terrasses, enjoy live jazz music… and so much more!
- The Montreal International Fireworks Competition: Get together with your friends on the Jacques-Cartier Bridge… and be amazed by this spectacular display of fireworks over the St. Lawrence River!